Cheyenne Trusts and Estates Lawyers Protect Your Family’s Future
Knowledgeable Wyoming advisors assist with wills and trusts
Establishing an effective estate plan protects you, your assets and your loved ones’ future. At Romsa Law Office, P.C. in Cheyenne, we provide personalized attention to each client and explain each option thoroughly. With five decades of combined experience, our attorneys know how to use instruments such as wills, trusts, advance directives and other documents to minimize stress and maximize what you can leave to your heirs. Throughout the process, we assist with various transfers to your customized estate including titles, deeds, retirement accounts and insurance policies. Whether your needs are simple or complex, we can provide you with the security of knowing your plans are in order.
Accomplished firm offers a complete range of estate planning options
Our firm works closely with clients and families to develop a complete estate planning strategy, which can include:
- Wills — A clear, effective will forms the foundation of any effective estate plan. We assist at every stage so that you can set forth clear instructions, safeguard your assets, and transfer them as you wish upon your death.
- Trusts — Depending on your objectives, a revocable or irrevocable trust might be a suitable estate planning option that allows your heirs to obtain their property without going through probate. Options include a living trust that enables you to access your assets throughout your life. If you already have a trust, we can also assist with administration, amendments and restatements.
- Codicils and other revisions — Wills and other estate instruments require frequent review to make sure that they still accurately reflect your wishes and financial status. We can evaluate your current circumstances and implement any necessary changes.
- Inter vivos transfers — Shifting assets prior to one’s death might be a suitable option, but strict rules apply if you want to avoid unnecessary taxation. If you are considering making a gift to a loved one, our firm can advise you of the consequences.
- Advance directives — Our firm creates documents such as living wills and durable powers of attorney so that you can control your medical decisions and designate a trusted person to handle your affairs if you are incapacitated.
Starting with a consultation, our lawyers will gain a detailed understanding of your particular needs and goals. From there, we will guide you toward a customized, comprehensive estate plan.
Dedicated attorneys establish legal guardianship arrangements for children
Parents of minor children have a duty to make sure that their children are protected no matter what occurs in the future. To accomplish this, our firm works with you to draft authoritative guardianship documents that designate a legal guardian who will be responsible for your children’s care and welfare should you die or become incapacitated in some way. We can also assist with arrangements to account for your children’s future financial needs.
Skillful advocates handle probate matters and will disputes
Family members who are already dealing with a loss should not have to go through unnecessary difficulties while trying to administer the decedent’s will. Our firm delivers strong guidance to personal representatives and potential beneficiaries at all stages of the probate process. We assist with will filing, letters testamentary, required accountings and final distribution of the assets. If the will is contested, we advocate diligently for a resolution that honors the testator’s wishes.
Contact a thorough Cheyenne trusts and estates lawyer for an initial consultation
Romsa Law Office, P.C. advises Wyoming clients on trusts and estates, as well as other legal matters. Please call 307-433-8777 or contact us online to schedule a consultation at our office in Cheyenne.